Sunday 18 November 2007

David's Testimony...

David writes...
I thank God that I can say that I was born into a Christian home. From an early age I realised that I was a sinner and that I needed to ask God for forgiveness. In January 1973 during the opening mission of Cookstown Free Presbyterian Church I asked The Lord Jesus Christ into my heart as my Saviour. Unfortunately I have to admit that most of my schooldays were spent in a backslidden state. However at the age of 19 in 1985 The Lord challenged me and I re-committed my life to Him. I got married to Mandy in 1989 and we have two children Aaron (1993) and Rebecca (1996).
In January 1990 we started attending Ballee Baptist Church in our home town of Ballymena. We came into membership the next year and continued attending without ever becoming involved in the Fellowship. In the summer of 2002 I felt challenged to get more involved and that September I started helping out at Saturday Night Youth Club.
In February 2004 Stephen asked if I would be interested in operating the sound desk for Solid Ground. I started attending practices and bookings with SG but was still unsure as to The Lord’s will. In June 2004 Solid Ground was singing at Dundonald Elim Church where the Pastor read from Psalm 32. Verse 7 was the confirmation that I was looking for – “… thou shalt compass me about with songs…” Since then I have been operating the sound desk for Solid Ground.
In May 2006 Mandy and I were asked to take over the running of the Saturday Night Youth Club. At that time SG were singing a new song called - “Stepping out on the Water” which was about Peter when he was told to get out of the boat. This story seemed to be mentioned at every meeting I attended and so we agreed to take on this new role of being Youth Club Leaders.
I would encourage all who read this to get involved in your local Church and “get out of the boat”. Please pray that as we seek to serve The Master we would see fruit for our labours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I commend your site as well as your ministry for The Saviour.

In this so uncertain era, where would we be without Him

Keep up the good work!

The Lord bless